The Sophia Institute is a non-profit focusing on educating a national and global audience of men and women on the importance of developing wisdom, mindfulness and creating a more just, sustainable, and flourishing world.
As an intern at The Sophia Institute you will assist in many aspects of the business. You will interact with program participants and donors, assist with marketing and event planning, help manage our website, and provide administrative support. This internship is unpaid, and the deadline to apply is August, 31.
More details, including application instructions, are below.
[toggle title_open=”Read Less” title_closed=”Read More” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
Job Title: Operations Intern
Hours: Part-time position 10-15 hours a week, some weekend hours
– Support staff with fundraising efforts including using letter templates for thank you letter templates for donations, sponsorships and other correspondence
– Assist with emails/phone calls and communicate with participants/members
– Assist staff with social media platforms and marketing plan
– Support staff in event planning and management including preparing slides for Zoom screen sharing and sending out Zoom confirmation emails to registrants
– Participate in brainstorming meetings
– Aide with membership management
– Assist with special projects
– Gravitating Zoom recordings to Vimeo and if appropriate, updating passcode document
– Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
– Pursuing BS or BA degree
– An interest in non-profits and/or small businesses
– Great interpersonal skills
– Computer skills in Google and Microsoft programs, as well as Zoom and Vimeo
– Basic knowledge of website management
– Familiarity with Social Media Platforms
– Ability to work in a busy environment
– Prefer some training in marketing and business processes
– Alignment with our vision mission
How to Apply: Email your cover letter (preferred) and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Internship” in your subject line.
Deadline: August 31