College of Charleston has improved the process by which students can apply for and renew departmental scholarships through the development of the Cougar Scholarship Awarding System (CSAS). CSAS will serve as the platform that you will use to apply for all privately funded scholarships (including Honors College scholarships). CSAS gives you access to all scholarships that are available to you through a streamlined application process. To submit an application for scholarships from any department or school on campus, you will need to log into the CSAS portal to update your profile and submit an application for any scholarships that require additional action on your part. Please note that most applications for 2020-2021 academic year scholarships are due on Saturday, February 1, 2020.
- CSAS is how all departmental scholarships will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- The CSAS portal can be accessed here.
- You will need to make sure your student information is updated and that you have submitted your FAFSA (if applicable) for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Student information can be accessed via MyCharleston under the Academic Services Tab and the Banner Self Service link.
- This application is only for departmental and foundation-awarded scholarships. It is not for State or Federal funding opportunities.
- If you are a current recipient of a renewable scholarship through your department, you will need to submit an application through the CSAS portal in order to renew that scholarship. This includes recipients of Honors College named merit scholarships.
- Most Honors College scholarships will not be visible to students in CSAS, even if they are a qualified candidate. This does not mean that the student is ineligible for any of our current student scholarships. We encourage all Honors College students to at least complete the CSAS general application so that their information is in the system. This allows for the Honors College and other departments to consider a student for their scholarships.