We recently celebrated several top history students at our annual Department of History Awards & Paper Symposium. The 2022 winners were:
- Kennedy Caldwell & Lilly Fair — HSS Scholars
- Kennedy Caldwell — Outstanding History Student Award
- Karissa Venezia — Outstanding History Student Service Award
- Regan Meloon — The William Moultrie Cup
- Katie Gardner — The Douglas & Elizabeth Clark Memorial Scholarship
- Elizabeth Stephens — Robert Hartman Scholarship
- Carolina Hannon, Anna Walter, & Jordyn Spraker — The John Winthrop Study Abroad Scholarship
- Micah Shull — The Albert R. Simonds Special Merit Award
- Reese Dickerhoff — The Alexander C. Dick Pre-Law Scholarship
- AnneMarie Underwood — The George & Agnes Heltai Award in History
In addition to the award winners, the ceremony featured paper presentations by three students:
- Noah Ledbetter — “Noxious Vapours: The Making of a Public Health Crisis in Victorian Britain.” Advisor: Jacob Steere-Williams.
- Isabelle Ryan — “Stonework from Tenochtitlán.” Advisor: Lisa Pinley Covert.
- Maria Walch — “Physical and Psychological Colonialism in British India.” Advisor: Jacob Steere-Williams.
Congratulations to these exceptional history majors! Please enjoy these photos from the event.