Ciera M. Gordon
Daron L. Calhoun II
Angela Cozart, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Program Director of Early Childhood, Elementary, and Special Education Graduate Programs
Anthony Greene, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, African American Studies
Cicely McCray, Graduate School Director of Recruitment, Marketing, & Communications
The Graduate Students of Color Association (GSCA) seeks to build and sustain a supportive community for graduate students of color that contributes to their academic development, social growth, and well-being. GSCA seeks to increase enrollment and retention of graduate students of color by organizing professional workshops, promoting mentoring, and providing a social network for graduate students of color to meet and work with others who share their academic and personal interests.
The Graduate Student of Color Association supports a multitude of objectives that are accomplished through monthly meetings and different initiatives throughout the academic year, including:
- Serving the city of Charleston through community outreach and philanthropy.
- Recruiting diverse students for graduate programs.
- Raising funds for travel grants and scholarships.
- Hosting discussion panels and various events.
- Creating a network of alumni contacts while providing professional development.
- Partnering with other minority/multicultural organizations on campus.
*We are an affiliate chapter of the National Black Graduate Student Association