Did you notice these Graduate Student Alumni updates in the Spring 2013 volume of the “College of Charleston Magazine”?
- Tricia Ory (M.S. ’97) is on the national board of directors for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. She has completed six years of board service to Komen Charlotte and is the immediate past president. Tricia is a CPA and serves as director of external reporting for Peak Inc., a data center, cloud and managed-services provider.
- Cheryl Moniz (M.A.T. ’97) is the development director for the ARK of S.C., a Summerville-based support group for families dealing with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Sarah Grimshaw Jamme (M.Ed. ’99) is the principal at Liberty Hill Academy in North Charleston. Sarah and her husband, Peyton, have two daughter, Madeline and Charlie, and live in Mt. Pleasant
- Melissa Pluta Parker (M.A. ’03) is a senior account manager at E. Boineau & Co. in Charleston. She earned her master’s in English from the College’s Graduate School and also teaches English at Charleston Southern University.
- Heidi Hawkins Blake (M.Ed ’03) recently thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, which extends 2,669 miles from the border of Mexico and California and ends at the border of Washington and Canada. She started on April 27 and finished September 29 This is Heidi’s second long-distance hike, having thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2006. Heidi and her husband, Charles, live in Washington, D.C.
- Andrew Wunderley (M.S. ’05) is the staff attorney and program coordinator at Charleston Waterkeeper. Andrew received his J.D. from the Charleston School of Law.
- Melissa Barbour (M.S. ’07) is a senior tax accountant at WebsterRogers in Charleston.
- Blair Clawson (M.S. ’07) is a manager at Dixon Hughes Goodman in Charleston.
- Allyson Schuster (M.S. ’07) is a manager at Dixon Hughes Goodman, an accounting firm in Charleston.
- Louisa Carter (M.S. ’08) is a Ph.D. student in the University of Georgia’s genetics program.
- Lindsay Elrod (M.P.A. ’10) is a Ph.D. student in educational leadership at the University of Drayton.
- Julia Carter (M.S. ’10) is a science teacher at Trident Academy in Mt. Pleasant.
- Amanda McLenon (M.S. ’10) is a full-time artist and part-time biologist and was named the Griffith/Reyburn Lowcountry Artist of the Year. Her work was featured in the Charleston Preservation Society and the Charleston Angler and at several local fishing tournaments.
- Jared Ragland (M.S. ’10), a research chemist with JHT, works in NOAA’s estuaries and land use branch.
- Megan Stutsman (M.A.T. ’10) works in financial and projects administration at Anson Construction Co. in Charleston.
- Sally Dobson (M.A.T. ’10) is employed by the Charleston County School District. Sally and William Rhodes were married in September and live on Johns Island, S.C.
- Sean Hughes (M.P.A. ’11) and Jessie Anne Scott were married in October 2011.
- Nina Rose (M.A. ’11) is the marketing director for Trident United Way in Charleston.
- Theresa Berard (M.A.T. ’11) is employed in the Berkeley County (S.C.) School District. Theresa and Evan Denholm were married in October.
- Maggie McMenamin (M.A. ’11) is an associate curator for BiblioLabs in Charleston.
- Niki DeWeese Leiva (M.P.A. ’12) is the director of admissions and marketing at Trident Academy in Mt Pleasant.
- Marla Loftus (M.A. ’12) is the retail marketing manager for Le Creuset of America’s Charleston office.
Did you graduate from The Graduate School of the College of Charleston?
Want to see your updates in the magazine? Submit them here: http://magazine.cofc.edu/class-notes-update/