Did you know that we constantly update Fellowship, Grant, Scholarship, and Job opportunities on the Paying for Grad School section of our website? We add opportunities that apply to every graduate program on a regular basis, so be sure to check it often! Occasionally, we receive opportunities that are so exciting that we post them on the blog to increase awareness. This is one example.
If you’re completing your master’s degree this year in either our Environmental Studies or Marine Biology program and you’re interested in the field of coastal management, then you should strongly consider applying for this fellowship from NOAA. It’s a fantastic opportunity, but the deadline is approaching quickly. Here’s the information:
NOAA Coastal Management Fellowships
NOAA Coastal Services Center
Deadline: January 29, 2010
2010 Coastal Management Fellowship
WHAT is it:
- A fellowship established to provide on-the-job education and training opportunities in coastal . resource management and policy for postgraduate students.
- A two-year opportunity that offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, and relocation and travel expense reimbursement.
- A program that matches postgraduate students with state coastal resource agencies to work on coastal projects proposed by the state and selected by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Coastal Services Center.
WHO is eligible:
- Any student completing a master’s, doctoral, or professional degree in natural resource management or environmental-related studies from an accredited U.S. university between January 1, 2009, and July 31, 2010.
- Students from a broad range of environmental programs are encouraged to apply.
- Application packages are due to your local Sea Grant director by January 29, 2010.
WHERE can you get information:
- Contact the Center’s fellowship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the fellowship website at www.csc.noaa.gov/cms/fellows.html
Contact your local Sea Grant director at www.seagrant.noaa.gov/other/programsdirectors.html
College of Charleston:
Susan E. Anderson, Director
Office of Research & Grants Administration
College of Charleston
Denise M. Sanger, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for Research and Planning
SC Sea Grant Consortium
287 Meeting St.
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone * 843-953-2078
Fax * 843-953-2080
For more opportunities like this, be sure to check out our Paying for Grad School section regularly. Best of luck to those students who apply!