Shane Love ’25 (German Studies and Supply Chain Management) interns in Logistics at Mercedes-Benz Vans

Congratulations to German Studies and Supply Chain Major Shane Love, a rising senior at CofC, who just began a six-month internship in Logistics at Mercedes-Benz Vans. The internship is an exciting next step in a journey Shane began in German 101 in the FYE learning community on German Business his freshman year and continued with annual visits to the German-American Business Summit and an internship in Berlin through CofC’s Cultural Vistas Internship program to Germany in summer 2023.

Over my past three years at CofC the German program has provided me so much perspective in which direction I wanted my career to go!

Now, three years on from German 101, I’ve just completed my first week of a 6-onth internship at Mercedes-Benz Vans, and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve enjoyed integrating myself into the logistics division, and the whole organization is so diverse, and incredibly welcoming. There is a lot to learn, but my very talented co-workers are always willing to take the time to help me understand. It is something special, being in an organization where the people care so deeply about our final product. It’s almost surreal, being so close to production, and seeing “the magic happen” firsthand. Plus, I understand and can communicate with my German coworkers in German, which happens a lot!

Shane Love on the first day of his internship at the Mercedes-Benz Vans plant in North Charleston