On Tuesday, March 13, the Friends of the Library welcomed Executive Chef Sean Brock and Professor David Shields to the Winthrop Roundtable. After a delightful dinner of Bisque a la Creole, Fresh Striped Bass, and Strawberry Cornmeal Cake, Brock and Shields discussed the restoration and preservation of one of the great cuisines of America: the South Carolina Lowcountry cuisine. The evening’s menu was adapted from an original 18th century cookbook and many of the ingredients used were locally sourced. Click here to view a video from the evening!
Want to Know More About Our Events?
Read More on Our Events and Exhibits Page.
Connect with Us!
Here are the latest posts on FOL happenings!
- Jenny Sanford Donates Personal Papers to Special Collections May 24, 2013
- Addlestone Library to House SC Historical Society Collection May 6, 2013
- Addlestone Library and the C of C REACH Program = Winning Combination for All May 2, 2013
- Photos from The Winthrop Roundtable Featuring Justice Albie Sachs April 29, 2013
- Renowned Sculptor Long-bin Chen to Exhibit in Addlestone Library Rotunda April 25, 2013