The theme of our recent Play Day picnic this year was “Playground Explore,” focusing on the newer activity areas we created this year to prepare for certification as a habitat. We:
- rejuvenated our outdoor art frame with painted dinosaur puzzle pieces
- washed baby dolls and clothes in the village
- had “special” ingredients to use in the mud kitchen
- used the potting bench to prepare seedlings for the garden
- experimented with a metal detector in the archaeology dig
We also had a special visitor, Greg Guay, who played classical guitar with Jonathan who is one of his students. He was a wonderful help in our new music area also, showing children many things they could do with our outdoor instruments. Weather was perfect, and we enjoyed seeing many of our “alumni” children again and welcoming and meeting many of our new incoming families next fall. Thanks to Evy for her hard work on the signs and her helpers, Mae, Anaya, Tulah, and Maria – they were a huge hit and we are trying to figure out a way to have the children design the permanent signs we will be putting up to designate the play areas. Also thanks to all the teachers and parents who coordinated the event. Funds raised helped us meet our goal to purchase an awning to shade our new seating area on the steps.