Welcome to my blog

Alan T. Shao, Dean

I want to welcome you to my blog. My plan is to share with our friends—on a timely basis–some of the more important things I do as Dean of the School of Business at the College of Charleston. I often meet with influential people who can help me move the business school forward. When I think back at my first 2 3/4 years at CofC, I have met some of the most amazing people that our friends should know about. I will also share with you my future plans for the business school. You can rest assured that these plans will continue to differentiate us from the others. While visiting my blog, I also encourage you to regularly visit other parts of our website to learn more about our undergraduate programs , exciting MBA and MS in Accounting graduate programs , and of course, our highly qualified faculty and staff . I’ll also share with you what’s happening with the fabulous group that comprises my advisory board (we call them our “Board of Governors”) who represents the business community in Charleston and around the world. Please check back here every Monday afternoon to read my latest postings. You’ll see why I enjoy what I do everyday as dean to strengthen our students, alumni, and School .