Cougar Career Column Writers: Meet Christina!

Meet the writers who are capturing the stories of students and alumni in the Cougar Career Column!

The Career Center’s Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) have been selectively chosen and trained to assist their peers with a variety of career-related content. PCAs are an asset to the team, expanding the Career Center’s reach as they equip their peers to be career ready. Today, we would like for you to meet PCA Christina!

Hello! My name is Christina Ferrell and I am a junior at the Honors College of Charleston and a member of the International Scholars Program. I am double majoring in International Studies and French with a minor in Russian Studies. I’m from Fort Mill, South Carolina, and love to learn about politics and languages! After graduation, I plan to complete a master’s degree in Democracy and Political Science, focusing on Eastern European Studies and pursue a career in world politics in Europe.

I began working as a Peer Career Advisor at the College of Charleston Career Center during the Spring semester of my sophomore year. I have learned so much from this job about resumes, interview techniques, and cover letter drafting that I will take with me after I graduate. I love to help students improve their resumes and give them advice on how to find internships that align with their major and will help them in their prospective career.