The South Carolina Stingrays are currently accepting applications for a video production internship for the upcoming hockey season (October-April). This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working in sports media.
The South Carolina Stingrays are looking for a current undergraduate student to serve as the team’s video production intern for the 2019-20 season.
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP. CAN BE USED FOR COLLEGE CREDIT IF NEEDED.
- Responsible for shooting, editing and creating content to be displayed on website, social media channels and in-arena
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Editing game highlight reel for all home games
- Ability to produce content in a high-energy setting on game nights
- Working closely with other members of the staff on game nights to execute the team’s marketing strategy
- Help capture footage of various community events during the season
- Capable of “thinking outside the box” when creating videos or other materials
- Logging and archiving footage in an organized fashion
- Interns are required to work on 36+ game days for the entire season including playoffs and must be available for some office hours and appearances
- Interns are required to be enrolled in a college program and receiving college credit for their experience
- Prior experience shooting video with a DSLR camera preferred
- Must be a dependable person who arrives on time and demonstrates professionalism
- Interns must possess excellent oral and written communications skills and come to work presenting a professional appearance and behavior
- Other requirements include: the ability to work independently, capable of meeting deadlines, possess excellent computer skills, be extremely detail oriented and available during non-business hours
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position are required to send examples of their previous video work to Director of Communications, Jared Shafran at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.