With Who: United Services, Inc.
Location: Savannah, MO
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Summary: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating, implementing and tracking daily marketing activities through effective strategy development, advertising campaigns, digital marketing, special events, and public relations.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, implement, and review promotional campaigns to build the United brand.
- Create, update and optimize all electronic and print marketing collateral.
- Produce copywriting, creative, graphic design and video production.
- Develop and execute an integrated online strategy utilizing web and social media channels.
- Assist sales efforts by providing event planning, presentations, and public relations support.
- Work with the communications team to understand the communication process and customer needs.
- Monitor, review, and report on marketing activities.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with sales, customer support, management, accounting, construction, engineering, and technical service groups.
- Analyze ongoing market conditions, competitor activities, and industry best practices.
- Identify and promote the advantages of United products and services.
- Plan and organize to promote efficient and effective marketing strategies.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish networks; participate in professional societies; overnight stays will be required.
- Attend training and/or courses relating to area of work (overnight stays may be required). Daytime hours may fluctuate, and some evening and Saturday hours may be required to support the business needs of United Services.
- Provide efficient, courteous service to consumers and the general public.
- This position is safety-sensitive, and the employee must learn and comply with all of the Corporation’s safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations, in addition to all other policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to the position of employment.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned by the CEO, COO, or designee.
Competencies: The knowledge, skills, and behavior required for successful job performance.
- Business Acumen: Integrates business, organization and industry knowledge to one’s own job performance.
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrates a professional presence and a commitment to effective job performance.
- Interaction with Others: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Problem-Solving: Exercises good judgment to make well-informed decisions and to develop and implement effective solutions.
- Customer Focus: Treats customers as a priority, being proactive in anticipating their current and potential future needs; effectively educates customers about services provided; maintains composure at all times, even after difficult interactions; displays empathy in difficult situations, treating each customer individually based on the situation; builds and maintains positive relationships with both internal and external customers; maintains the “United” image, providing a uniform message without placing blame on team members.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: Two-Year College degree or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, graphic design or related field.
- Experience: Two years of related experience in communications, marketing, or graphic design.
- Skills: Excellent communication skills and creative/graphic design experience is required. Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have or acquire a thorough knowledge of first aid and CPR; must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or related field.
- Experience: Five years of experience in communications, marketing or graphic design. Web design and video production experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibility of personnel.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; employee must be able to lift and carry 50 – 75 pounds and load video equipment in and out of vehicles as necessary while filming for United Services. This position must also be able to work inside and outside in inclement weather, including extreme heat and cold.
Working Conditions: This is a full-time position. This job operates in a professional office environment as well as out in the field while required to film video for United Services. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will report to the Savannah office but may be required to commute to the Maryville office and/or Excelsior office on occasion. Standard days of work are Monday through Friday. This position must be able to work flexible hours outside normal business hours, including weekends, events and holidays as required.
Other Duties: Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice. This position description is not deemed an employment contract and does not waive the employment at-will doctrine governed by the state of Missouri.
Failure to fulfill the requirements of this position description, changes in economic conditions, changes in operational policies or procedures, and/or other conditions or reasons may result in the elimination of this position and/or employee termination.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today! United Services, Inc. Job Application
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Camp Happy Days: Seeking Remote Marketing and Events Intern (Spring 2021) - December 4, 2020
- CofC Libraries: Seeks Marketing & Outreach Student Assistant - December 4, 2020
- Amazon: Seeking News Monitoring Coordinator - December 3, 2020