Location: Storrs, CT
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: The School of Business Office of Communications is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator & Digital Media Specialist (Administrative Program Support 3). The incumbent will report to the School of Business Director of Communications and will provide front-line support as well as be responsible for website updates and the publishing of news stories, social media posts, event calendars, emails, etc. The position will be based at the Storrs campus. Flexible and irregular hours will be required on occasion in support of office needs. Occasional in-state travel to campuses in Hartford, Waterbury, and Stamford will also be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating office operations, triaging requests, and assigning tasks to staff and/or student workers.
- Serving as project coordinator with attention to deadlines and priorities; super-user of the office’s project management software.
- Updating website using software such as WordPress, CCS styling, and basic HTML coding.
- Working with colleagues to edit and post news stories and other content in WordPress.
- Maintaining editorial calendars and participating in the oversight of the School’s event calendars; curating content for social media and email newsletters.
- Building emails using Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Slate, Outlook, and internal communications systems.
- Managing the content posted to the School’s display monitors.
- Responding to inquiries from, serving as a resource to, and advising academic department and program staff on web development, event calendars, social media, etc.
- Training, determining work schedules for, and assigning projects to student employees.
- Documenting policies and procedures, developing training materials, and providing training to colleagues.
- Keeping informed of current web development and marketing trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Three to four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including editing, and the ability to build effective relationships with staff, faculty, students, and external constituents.
- Proven ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions in a collaborative and creative environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and make decisions using sound judgment.
- Proven experience in and enthusiasm for customer service or support.
- Demonstrated experience with software such as WordPress, CSS, and basic HTML.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM software and knowledge of CRM/email best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Dreamweaver and basic photo editing in software such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media accounts for business, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible and irregular hours, and travel in-state and out-of-state in support of school activities.
- Demonstrated experience supporting marketing and communications efforts within a higher education academic institution
- Proven knowledge of Basecamp or similar project management software.
- Demonstrated experience building e-newsletters or other digital communications using software such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Slate, or comparable email marketing/CRM software.
- Demonstrated supervisory ability.
Application Deadline: This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 30, 2020.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494415 to upload a resume, cover letter,and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Amazon: Seeking Internal Communications Manager - May 21, 2020
- Spinx: Seeking Social Media Coordinator - May 21, 2020
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System: Seeking Communications and Digit Marketing Specialist - May 21, 2020