Location: Storrs, CT
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: The School of Business Office of Communications is seeking a full-time Project and Digital Media Specialist (Publicity/Marketing Coordinator). The incumbent will report to the Associate Manager of Communications and will provide front-line client support, addressing questions and triaging task and project requests that come into the office. With a customer service mindset and strong project management skills, he/she work closely with mar-comm team colleagues, BUSN clients/collaborators, and external vendors to meet client and department objectives, deliverables and deadlines. The position will be based at the Storrs campus and may require occasional irregular hours and in-state travel to campuses in Hartford, Waterbury, and Stamford.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating office operations; triaging requests and assigning tasks to staff and/or student workers, connecting people and coordinating as needed.
- Serving as a project coordinator with attention to deadlines and priorities; super-user of the office’s project management software (Basecamp).
- Updating content and page design on various BUSN websites, using software such as WordPress, BeaverBuilder, CSS styling, and basic HTML coding.
- Working closely with our editorial manager to edit and post news stories and other content in WordPress, email and social media.
- Monitoring university announcements, news headlines, social media, and more to curate content for social media and email newsletters; maintaining editorial calendars.
- Building emails using Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Slate, Outlook, and internal communication systems. Responsible for testing formatting, rendering, and accessibility using software such as Litmus email software.
- Serving as primary creator and publisher of content on School of Business social media accounts. Staying abreast of and advises BUSN clients on social media best practices. Coordinating publication of content on the Dean’s social media pages.
- Occasional copywriting for web pages, advertisements and social media posts.
- Serving on a small team of staff responsible for overseeing the School’s event calendars.
- Managing the content posted to the School’s display monitors, with the assistance of the office’s multimedia producer and graphic designer.
- Responding to inquiries from, serving as a resource to, and advising academic department and program staff on web development, event calendars, social media, and more.
- Determining work assignments and work schedules for student employees, providing training as assigned.
- Documenting policies and procedures, develops training materials, and providing training to colleagues.
- Keeping informed of current web development and marketing trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Three to four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including editing, and the ability to build effective relationships with staff, faculty, students, and external constituents.
- Proven ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions in a collaborative and creative environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and make decisions using sound judgment.
- Proven experience in and enthusiasm for customer service or support.
- Demonstrated experience with website software such as WordPress, Beaver Builder, CSS, and basic HTML.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM software and knowledge of CRM/email best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Dreamweaver and basic photo editing in software such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media accounts for business, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible and irregular hours, and travel in-state and out-of-state with own transportation in support of school activities.
- Demonstrated experience supporting marketing and communications efforts within a higher education academic institution
- Proven knowledge of Basecamp or similar project management software.
- Demonstrated experience building e-newsletters or other digital communications using software such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Slate, or comparable email marketing/CRM software.
- Demonstrated supervisory ability.
Application Deadline: Application portal closes on September 21, 2020.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the UConn Career Opportunities site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Samford University: Seeks Director of Strategic Communications - November 20, 2020
- Greater Capital Area Assoc. of REALTORS: Seeking Communications Specialist - November 20, 2020
- Concord Academy: Seeking Director of Marketing and Communications - November 18, 2020