With Who: Truluck’s Restaurant Group
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: Truluck’s Restaurant Group is opening in Washington, D.C. in late March. We are seeking an experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to manage a busy special events and private dining operation.
The Special Events Coordinator takes the lead on selling all private dining events and works with the leadership team and private events team to ensure all details are in place so the team can successfully execute each event.
Our main goal as a team is to make good things happen for other people!
- Relentlessly lives Truluck’s beliefs, behaviors and commitments as listed in the Truluck’s Constitution.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the prospecting, selling and packaging of all events held in the private dining rooms at Truluck’s.
- Meets with potential guests to orchestrate menu planning and all other supplemental needs for their private event (i.e. décor, flowers, music, AV equipment, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring that all Private Dining Events are committed to by obtaining a signed contract.
- Communicates appropriately through Chef and Leadership – utilizing the Banquet Event Order (BEO) which outlines all private dining specifics.
- Assures all booked Private Dining Events are held with a credit card as specified in the contract event policies.
- Assumes 100% responsibility that the payment for all private parties has been accounted for and communicated to Leadership (i.e. Gather payments via credit card, approved house account, corporate check, etc).
- Responsible for being actively involved with networking associations that are a part of the restaurant industry. (i.e. CVB, Chamber, Meeting Planners Associations – MPI, NACE, ISES, HSMAI, and regular contacts with other Special Event Coordinators, etc.)
- Implement all sales strategies as approved and directed by the Unit Leadership/Managing Partner and Director of Special Events (i.e. holiday eblasts, follow up on business cards collected by Leadership, and follow up to special promotions such as wine dinners, etc. as assigned.)
- Execute warm and cold calls to targeted sales leads to effectively meet forecasted sales goals by utilizing local store marketing program (LSM).
- Meet and/or exceed annual sales goal annually (set by Unit Leadership/Managing Partner) and broken out by period. The forecasted sales goal will be discussed at the weekly Leadership meeting.
- Communicate with Unit Leadership/Managing Partner regarding any specified needs or expenses for Private Dining Events (i.e. chafers, serving utensils, etc.).
- Completes weekly goals assigned at Leadership Team meeting.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for selling all Private Dining Events in accordance to all state and local laws.
- Attends the monthly SEC conference call.
Additional Salary Information: Plus 4% commission on all private dining sales