Trident United Way is the Tri-County region’s only community connector that strategically and sustainably leverages human and financial resources to improve education, financial stability and health so that our entire community can thrive. We bring people and organizations together to find what is working and do more of that to help advance our community. We LIVE UNITED together because change does not happen alone.
The Marketing & Communications division of Trident United Way performs the full spectrum of communications functions including – graphic design, public relations, social media, media relations, publications, marketing, advertising, support events and website management.
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Reports To: VP of Communications & Volunteer Engagement. He/she would have exposure to the Marketing & Communications team, other TUW stakeholders and outside vendors.
Status: Intern, part-time up to 20 hours per week (Summer 2018 or Fall 2018)
Purpose of Position: This is an internship within Trident United Way’s Marketing & Communications department within the Communications & Volunteer Engagement division. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the Marketing & Communications team members with inbound marketing requests from other divisions as well as helping us execute our strategies – including creating graphics, making website updates, creating content for e-newsletter, collateral materials, proofreading and more.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaboration on design projects resulting in clear, engaging graphics and brand identity compliant communications. Projects may include branded collateral materials, video, direct mail pieces, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, special event photos and other marketing materials as needed.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications division team members to translate Trident United Way’s messaging concepts into marketing materials
- Assist with editing, proof reading and communication of changes on projects that originate with our agency or other graphic designer
- Assist in scheduling social media content and monitoring social media platforms
- Assist with writing/editing content for quarterly E-newsletter
- Minimum of two semesters of major-related course work completed in one of the following: Graphic Design, Public Relations, Communications or related field preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and detail-orientation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage work flow to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Working-knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience managing a non-personal Twitter or Facebook account preferred
- Minimum of 12 weeks commitment required
- Ability to work 20 hours per week largely during normal business hours of 8:30AM- 5:00PM
- Ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours of 8:30AM- 5:00PM
- Must have reliable transportation
- Successfully author copy for written materials and construct images to create engaging, mission-focused messaging on social media as well as for use in collateral materials
- Develop a keen eye for branding standards and consistency
- Develop a strategic understanding of how to effectively leverage images across multiple mediums
- Identify and implement the elements of social media strategy coordinated across multiple platforms
- Gain an introductory understanding of nonprofit communications, philanthropy and issues of education, financial stability and health in the local community
- Build your portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Great networking opportunity
- Intern may be eligible for college credits
- Be part of a leading Tri-County region nonprofit organization
- Professional mentoring
- Upon successful completion of the internship you may be eligible for a $ 1000 stipend
Interested students should send their cover letter and resume to Ms. Ulrike Kranz, Human Resources Specialist via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018