With Who: Tri-County SPEAKS
Location: Charleston, SC (possible remote options)
Dates: Fall 2021 (with potential to extend to Spring 2022)
Position Description: Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S seeks a part-time position of a Digital Communications and/or Social Media Intern. This internship is created so the student will play a critical role in educating our community on who we are, what we do, and who we serve.
About TCS: If you are passionate about effective communication, justice, and advocating for victim’s rights, then we would love to hear from you. Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. (formerly People Against Rape), is one of the oldest rape crisis centers in the Carolinas, as well as one of the oldest in the country. Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. (TCS) is the leading authority on sexual violence and the region’s most vocal expert when it comes to preventing, educating, advocating and supporting adult survivors of sexual violence throughout their healing journey. The organization serves the Tri-County area of the Lowcountry and it’s 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (843) 745-0144 is available 365 days a year with trained advocates available to answer calls from victims, survivors, friends, and family members of sexual assault victims.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, develop, create, and/or edit content for TCS’s website and social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Design digital and print materials that advance specific advocacy and development initiatives, possibly including video content.
- Design digital templates for social media, email outreach, marketing, and events.
- Track and analyze social media and other communications metrics to gather ideas and identify opportunities for improvement.
- As possible, assist with communications-related administrative tasks as needed, such as updating web pages and tracking media placements.
Required Education: We are seeking students who have a focus in Public Relations, Communications, Writing/Literature, Marketing, or Mass Media Communications.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.
Apply (or request more information): Please email a few short sentences expressing your interest in why you would like to be TCS’ social media intern and resume, if applicable. If you have an Instagram account to showcase some of your work, please include your Instagram account handle. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Social Media Intern” as the subject.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021