With Who: Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S.
Location: Charleston, SC (hybrid option)
Dates: Spring 2021 (March 15 – June 1)
Position Summary: The Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. Communications Intern will be playing an integral role in our organization’s rebranding. As you learn more about the work the Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. does in the community you will have the opportunity to create, produce, and collaborate through various communication mediums. Your work will include creating a communications plan, jumpstarting the organizations upcoming podcast, observing and learning about non-profit grant writing requirements, content creation for social media, and implementing effective digital marketing practices.
About Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S.: Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. (formerly People Against Rape), is one of the oldest rape crisis center in the Carolinas, as well as one of the oldest in the country. Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. (TCS) is the leading authority on sexual violence and the region’s most vocal expert when it comes to preventing, educating, advocating and supporting adult survivors of sexual violence throughout their healing journey. The organization serves the Tri-County area of the Lowcountry and it’s 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (843) 745-0144 is available 365 days a year with trained advocates available to answer calls from victims, survivors, friends, and family members of sexual assault victims.
- Assisting with organizational rebranding (45%)
- Content creation and creative brainstorming (30%)
- Podcast production (20%)
- Conduct studies, research, and grant writing opportunities (5%)
- Excellent communication skills
- Progress on Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Podcast production experience
- Previous social media marketing and video editing experience preferred
Why Should I Apply:
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work schedule
COVID-19 Protocol: All staff is currently working remotely, but as the risk of COVID-19 lessens, we plan to return to the office. While working remotely, physical workspace is available upon request. When in the Tri-County S.P.E.A.K.S. office please follow all CDC guidelines by wearing a mask over your nose and mouth and practicing social distancing.
Application Deadline: Application due by March 5, 2021 at 5PM.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- The Ritter Group: Seeks Media and Marketing Interns (Spring 2021 – Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021
- AFL: Seeking Graphic Design Intern (Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021
- Strategic Marketing International: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021