With Who: The Consultancy PR
Location: New York, NY
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: THE CONSULTANCY PR is a boutique bi-coastal public relations and communications firm. We are comprised of a team between New York and Los Angeles serving national and international brands within the home/design, architecture, luxury and lifestyle categories. Our collaborative and team-oriented philosophy extends far beyond traditional editorial coverage; we believe in a uniquely holistic, 360-degree viewpoint on brand communications.
The firm is seeking a Senior Account Executive with a minimum of three years of experience to support its current client roster. An ideal candidate will be proactive, hungry to immerse themselves in the design category, have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute communication strategies to appropriately position a range of home/design and lifestyle brands in the media marketplace
- Retain a network of media contacts across print and digital categories, as well as bloggers
- Conduct press outreach and secure top-tier media opportunities, including brand/founder profiles, feature stories and market press coverage in home and design, fashion (men’s and women’s), accessories, lifestyle, consumer and business outlets; speaking engagements; sponsorship opportunities; award submissions
- Liaise with bloggers and social media influencers, as well as like-minded brands, for partnership and/or event opportunities
- Oversee logistics for targeted press events to support seasonal launches, brand introductions, dinner/cocktail events, etc.
- Interface with clients daily as relevant to press opportunities and strategic advisement
- Lead, review and provide feedback on press materials, inclusive of press releases, company/executive bios, face sheets, media alerts, case studies, etc.
- Provide regular updates on client status to the Senior Account Director
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to prioritize duties, meet deadlines, proactively communicate progress and deliverables
- Complete individual tasks with minimal supervision; manage both up and down to the team
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement successful PR strategies and ongoing campaigns
- Attend and facilitate media interviews/editor appointments; network with reporters and editors on an ongoing basis
- Read relevant consumer and trade media, including print digital publications as well as blogs; report to the team on industry news and opportunities for clients on a regular basis
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for existing clients and new business opportunities; begin to formulate ideas and aid in the proposal process
- Report to Senior Account Director as well as agency leadership; supervise, lead and mentor PR Assistant/Coordinator role on account management, research, daily projects, etc.
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations/Communications or related field
- Minimum three years of relevant experience at a PR agency preferred
- Strong relationships within the home/design, lifestyle, fashion (men’s and women’s), accessories, lifestyle, consumer and business outlets (specifically news/market/features editors and directors) on a national and regional level, in print and digital categories
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking and verbal and written communications skills; team-oriented attitude
- Creative, efficient, detail-oriented and organized
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Solution-oriented with the ability to think critically and strategically
- Proactive with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative yet fast-paced environment
- Flexible, driven, curious and passionate about the design industry
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of PR databases/tools such as Cision, PR Newswire/Businesswire
Apply (or request more information): See the job posting, or request more information, on the CofC Alumni Career Center site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Samford University: Seeks Director of Strategic Communications - November 20, 2020
- Greater Capital Area Assoc. of REALTORS: Seeking Communications Specialist - November 20, 2020
- Concord Academy: Seeking Director of Marketing and Communications - November 18, 2020