With Who: The Citadel
Location: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Position Description: The Creative Director will serve as the lead creative strategist, graphic designer and brand manager for The Citadel. They will guide all creative projects for the communications and marketing team, and support projects for other departments on campus.
The Creative Director will also be responsible for managing the college’s trademark and licensing portfolio and will serve as the liaison between licensees and The Citadel’s contracted provider for trademark and licensing program management.
- Graphic design. Work collaboratively with the communications and marketing team, focusing on graphic design of all campaigns, advertisements, publications, and other communications. Directly responsible for designing graphics for use in digital and traditional advertising, brochures, publications, campus signage, and other initiatives.
- Brand management. Ensure that brand standards are met across the entire organization. Develop tools and resources that empower internal and external stakeholders to use brand assets while maintaining brand consistency. Work with representatives from other campus departments to implement the brand identity across all collateral. Provide training to employees on brand guidelines and implementation. Maintain brand standards and enforce campus brand policy.
- Licensing and trademark program management. Serve as the college’s liaison between licensees and the contracted provider for trademark and licensing program management. Monitor and approve use of The Citadel’s trademarks both internally and externally. Work alongside the college’s provider for licensing program management to identify opportunities to expand the college’s existing portfolio of licensees.
- Miscellaneous support of all Office of Communications and Marketing initiatives.
Notes: This position resides in the college’s central communications and marketing office (OCM), and reports to the Director of Marketing. Overnight travel may occasionally be required for professional development. Some weekend work may be required during major campus events (i.e. matriculation, graduation).
Please note, in addition to your online application, you will need to upload a portfolio of your work (or include a link to your portfolio in your resume). This is required as part of the application process.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, or a related field
- At least two years of professional experience in creative or art direction, graphic design, and a passion for brand identity and consistency
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must understand print production requirements
- Must be able to work independently or as a member of a team, as appropriate, with limited supervision.
- Must be able to maintain relationships with internal partners and external vendors.
- The ideal candidate is equal parts creative and analytical and a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Adobe Premier is preferred but not required.
- Experience in higher education preferred but not required
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Apply (or request more information): For more information or to apply, please visit the Citadel Jobs site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021