|Minimum Requirements||• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior administrative office experience
• Must have demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
|Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in planning a wide variety of events, including symposia, conferences, dinner meetings, luncheon meetings, etc., and all types of college events
• Minimum 2-3 years of demonstrated and related experience in the area of marketing, including website and social media knowledge as it relates to marketing
• Excellent writing, editing and formatting skills
• Experience working in higher education preferred
• Must be available to coordinate and attend occasional weekend or after-hours functions and events
|Additional Comments Regarding Position||This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Outreach in the Office of the Dean, School of Education, Health, and Human Performance. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Must exercise independent and responsible decision-making along with working collaboratively with colleagues from across the institution.|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please send resume to Mrs. Dee Stalvey, Director of Operations and Outreach, School of Education, Health, and Human Performance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The candidate filling this position may be eligible for healthcare benefits.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check.
All applications must be submitted online https://jobs.cofc.edu.
|Hours Per Week||30|
|Pay Rate||$20.00 per hour or approximate depending on experience|
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/6239|
- Develop, design, edit, and oversee the production of print and digital publications for the School of Education, Health, and Human Performance, including selected advertisements, mass and select mailings, recruitment materials, event invitations, public reports, and electronic newsletters. Serves as the School’s liaison with the College of Charleston’s Marketing office. Assists in planning content and revising the School of Education, Health, and Human Performance website and directs all social media platforms for the School. Assists the Director of Operations and Outreach as needed in the area of communications, particularly as it concerns the need for marketing initiatives.
- Assist, coordinate, and execute a portfolio of events for the School of Education, Health, and Human Performance, including awards programs, multiple VIP functions and receptions, educational symposia, and other meetings on behalf of the School of Education, Health, and Human Performance. These responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating speakers and guests, publicizing events, managing correspondence, composing memoranda and invitations, and coordinating all logistics for each event, including securing event spaces, selecting menus and preparing decorations, and coordinating with Physical Plant and other offices on campus as needed to ensure successful events.
- Providing administrative support for the Office of the Dean, including but not limited to: clerical processing and database entry related to committee activities and special projects; answering and directing phone calls; organizing and scheduling appointments, as directed; taking detailed minutes/notes as required; composing correspondence, memos, forms, etc.; providing general support to visitors; editing, formatting, and maintaining electronic and paper files, posting and distributing materials; and other administrative duties as required.
- Assists the Director of Operations and Outreach with the School’s scholarship program, which includes many important responsibilities, including knowledge of the School’s scholarship donor agreements, monitoring compliance with donor agreement guidelines and assisting the Director of Operations, as well as the Development Coordinator, as needed in negotiating changes to guidelines when appropriate as it relates to awarding scholarships; works with the Office of Student Financial Aid and scholarship committees on campus as needed in order to facilitate the coordination of scholarship efforts; and, analyzes, prepares and coordinates the scholarship application applications received with the Office of the Dean staff members and faculty scholarship chairs, and coordinates the award notification to scholarship recipients, and organizes and coordinates the donor thank you process. As another aspect of scholarship responsibilities, this position also receives daily gift reports from Institutional Advancement and works to personalize letters from the Dean to donors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Outreach, including onboarding new office staff with organizational information and assistance as needed