Communications & Engagement Internship – Summer 2018
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Weber Shandwick, a leading global communications and engagement firm, is seeking talented and enthusiastic summer 2018 interns in Washington, DC, based at Powell Tate, our specialist public affairs unit.
Our internship is a full-time, paid program designed to complement and enhance academic studies through participation in a variety of assignments and professional responsibilities. We assign interns to a core practice area (healthcare, public affairs, social impact, digital, creative, and analytics), for the duration of the summer, while offering opportunities to work across teams. Interns work side by side with the firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators.
Interns working across our healthcare, public affairs, social impact and digital teams will conduct research, develop influencer lists, conduct social media scans, help create and distribute content, plan and staff events, participate in creative brainstorming sessions, pull and work with data for analytic reports, and support social and media relations campaigns.
In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities, we offer lunchtime seminars as well as a group project to enhance the learning experience and provide greater exposure to the practice of communications and public relations. Interns are assigned staff mentors to help guide and evaluate them through their professional experience and may have the opportunity to present their project to members of our staff at the end of the program.
- You must be a student or recent college graduate who received academic credit at an accredited college or university during the spring 2018 semester with a GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Rising junior, senior or recent college graduate preferred
- Demonstrate interest and commitment to the field of communications and public relations
- Available to work a full-time schedule. Business hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. The summer program can last up to 12 weeks.
- We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated leadership, creativity and curiosity
- Familiarity with developments in the media industry, plus knowledge of a variety of social platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) and the latest news and trends affecting these channels.
Click here to apply online. To apply please only submit:
- Cover letter and Resume – including GPA
- Please indicate the core practice area you are most interested in
- Please provide a short answer (no more than 750 words each) to two of the following questions:
- Where do you think your greatest strength lies in the current communications landscape?
- Briefly describe one corporate reputation challenge which has recently received attention in media and give your opinion as to whether you believe it was managed well by the company and why, or what you would have done differently?
- Briefly describe an instance where you’ve lead, assisted or planned a communications campaign
Application deadline is February 28, 2018.
Interviews will take place during the first and second weeks of March.
The internship begins on Tuesday, May 29th, and ends on or around Friday, August 17th.
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018