With Who: Society of Interventional Radiology
Location: Fairfax, VA
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Description: This highly visible, interactive and collaborative role is ideal for a high-performing, mid-career marketing professional. The senior manager must have five to eight years of proven digital and print marketing knowledge and experience; the capacity for detailed project management in a fast-paced environment; and an ability to collaborate with various staff and departments on education, training and membership initiatives.
The senior manager of marketing is responsible for development and implementation of promotional strategies that increase revenue and brand visibility for the society’s education products and services and membership departments. She/he oversees the creation and implementation of creative multi-channel marketing and storytelling strategies and tactics that strengthen the organization’s reputation as an authoritative voice in its field.
A core responsibility of this role is the branding and promotion of the society’s signature event: the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting, which brings together 5,000 physicians, exhibitors and supporters from around the world for a week of education, networking and a showcase of the specialty’s newest research.
The senior manager of marketing serves as a member of the society’s management team, collaborating with physician leaders, senior staff, and external vendor/consultants on the fulfillment of marketing and operations.
To perform this job successfully, each essential duty and responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all marketing strategies and tactics for SIR’s Annual Scientific Meeting, including digital and print marketing initiatives, SIR booth design and strategy, on site activities and promotions and a coordinated website presence.
- Directs outcome-based marketing planning and implementation for other SIR education meetings, products and service lines and for membership and volunteer engagement efforts.
- Manages promotion project teams and agendas, actively “connecting dots” for forward momentum and fostering collaboration between and among other team members.
- Brings strong knowledge and understanding of digital marketing and email automation best practices; association management list development processes for the purposes of targeted promotions; and experience developing attractive, compelling promotions using e-mail marketing software platforms (Informz or similar).
- Ensures all marketing and promotions align with SIR’s brand, messaging, and style.
- Accountable for the work and professional development of one direct report, SIR’s marketing manager, guiding their development of plans, timelines, and tactics in support of overarching strategies.
- Guides the marketing manager’s implementation of email marketing and collateral development, SIR Central booth design and activities, external advertising placement, reciprocal trade agreements, and calendar outreach and maintenance.
- Collaborates with communications/PR function to help fulfill SIR newsroom multimedia activities during SIR’s Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Oversees the operation of SIR’s online job board by outside vendor, managing vendor customer service and outside sales team activities to continually improve member experience and increase sales revenue.
- Five to eight years of integrated marketing and communications experience fulfilling strategies and tactics in a matrixed work environment, experience in an association environment a plus.
- Knowledge of and direct experience in current digital marketing and email automation best practices; skilled in developing attractive, compelling promotions using e-mail marketing software platforms (Informz or similar); proficiency with association management list development processes for the purposes of targeted promotions; and comfort using a content management system to create website content and pages.
- Understands the role of informational graphics, visuals and video as part of the marketing mix—the ability to create attractive infographics and visuals using Canva (or similar) is a plus.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with other staff in strategic communications, public relations and social media.
- Strong internal client-service orientation and demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities while maintaining strong relationships with internal and volunteer team members.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine interest and understanding of the importance of branding and a commitment to ensure all promotions are aligned with organization’s brand, messaging and style.
- Ability to combine targeted blast, print, social media and video strategies to reach defined audiences with strong messages and calls to action.
- Proven project management skills, resourcefulness, and proficiency managing multiple inputs and communicating expectations effectively to internal stakeholders and teams.
- Experience managing and interpreting marketing performance metrics and tracking tools, some proficiency with Google Analytics and SEO a plus.
- Working knowledge of and/or direct experience with other associated marketing functions such social media, marketing communications, graphics, and production
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application today via the Alumni Career Center! (Technical difficulties? Please contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at 843-953-5630 for assistance.) Or search other opportunities on the portal: https://alumnijobs.cofc.edu/jobs