With Who: Society of American Foresters
Location: Bethesda, MD
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Summary: The Communications and Marketing Manager is accountable for developing and executing on a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plan that advances SAF’s mission, through increased awareness and engagement in its membership, programs, services, and events. The Manager conveys the society’s value proposition to foresters, educators, policy makers, equipment/service providers, and the general public. S/he develops messaging and content for the society’s varied and integrated communications channels including print, web, email, social media, public and media relations.
The position reports to the Director of Membership and works collaboratively across multiple business units. The Manager frequently interacts with members, volunteer leaders, educators, sponsors/exhibitors, and the media.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and creative communications professional with the ability to craft content that informs, educates, inspires, and/or persuades. This individual uses active listening skills to identify and respond to stakeholder needs and perspectives and will have a track record of successfully developing and executing marketing campaigns for services or other intangibles that produced quantifiable results. The Communications and Marketing Manager is a champion of all things SAF and must be able to target communications to different audiences.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 years of related work experience, preferably in a nonprofit individual or corporate member association
- At least 3 years of experience developing and executing marketing plans; communications campaign management; and, website content management.
- Demonstrated persuasive verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using a content management system
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with iMIS RISE platform
- Adobe Creative Cloud, HooteSuite, and RealMagnet
- Excellent customer service ethic; experience in cultivating internal and external collaborative relationships
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understood and impactful way
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) to events and conferences
- Knowledge and passion for forests and natural resources is a plus
Notes: Additional Salary Information: Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability, and 401(K). Telecommuting, up to 2 days/wk., is allowed following 90 days of employment.
Application Information: To be considered, send a resume and cover letter with qualifications and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today via the CofC Alumni Career Center!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Amazon: Seeking News Monitoring Coordinator - December 3, 2020
- Democratic Governors Assoc: Seeks Remote Communications Interns (Spring 2021) - December 2, 2020
- House Democratic Caucus: Seeks Remote Digital Interns (Spring 2021) - December 2, 2020