Overall Job Purpose:
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for (1) management of all social media accounts for CYDC and affiliates, (2) developing marketing content that helps CYDC increase visibility with social media followers and (3) developing strategies for increasing CYDC’s social media presence and impact with key audiences. Excellent writing and visual communication skills are essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required. Thorough knowledge of business English with excellent spelling and grammar skills are essential.
Produces high-quality social media posts for all platforms operated by CYDC and its programs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Ensures all content adheres to organizational standards and rules as well as marketing pillars. Communicates regularly with appropriate teams to ensure social media content reflects important organizational activities. Responds to all questions and comments from social media followers.
Develops and manages a social media content calendar, ensuring all appropriate staff have visibility. Analyzes content reach and engagement to determine best days/times to reach social media followers.
Researches and identifies new social media followers for CYDC and affiliates. Works with development team to devise and implement strategies for growing audiences across platforms. Works with Development and Communications Coordinator to capture social media followers and actions in donor database.
The successful candidate must believe in the core values of CYDC, be driven by the mission and a commitment to quality, performance and outcomes. Additional requirements include:
- Strong writing and visual communication skills essential
- Experience managing social media for a business desired
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience engaging community partners
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in work, and collaborates with team to reach new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
Education and Specific Training:
Proficiency managing Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts required.
Experience with online design programmers (Canva) and content managers (Hootsuite) preferred.
Supervisor: Development and Communications Coordinator
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Erin Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018.
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018