With Who: SimGHOSTS
Type of Employment: Contract
Position Description: Are you fun and enthusiastic, but also hard working and deadline oriented? Do you have solid management skills and enjoy working with volunteers? Can you self-sufficiently and successfully work from home and travel? If this sounds like you, we’d love to see your resume!
The person in this role is anticipated to work 40 hours per week, and will be the primary support for the Executive Director and first line of contact most people will have with the organization. 30% of time is supporting Executive Director with general office administrative, correspondence, and customer relations, 30% of time is in management of print and digital publications such as graphic design, email campaigns, social media campaigns, and website, and 40% of time in project work, including event planning, supporting online learning programs, mentorship programs and other projects.
We currently have a vacancy for the following temporary (6 months) position with the possibility of ongoing employment following completion of the term.
- Provides primary support for Executive Director administrative, calendar, travel and communication functions. Provides administrative and logistical support to the work of board members and volunteers. Interfaces regularly with the Executive Director, the Board of directors and other staff/volunteers and supports all activities as a member of the headquarters staff.
- Anticipates the needs of Executive Director and other staff/volunteers in providing detailed information and critical updates regarding administrative, communication and financial operations.
- Manages routine mail and office operations. Opens correspondence, manages the distribution of mail, maintains confidentiality and security of personal and financial information, processes electronic payments and issues/deposits checks. Maintains administrative, correspondence and financial files and membership database.
- Provides customer service support to subscribers, vendors and the general public. Serves as the primary point of contact for all questions, emails, and telephone calls. Conduct routine communications, identify situations when escalation to management is appropriate. Provide invitation letters for visa applications, receipts, invoices, and certificates of attendance.
- Articulates SimGHOSTS’ mission, vision, and values to the SimGHOSTS community and the general public.
- Communicates and establishes effective working relationships with subscribers, volunteers, vendors, affiliate organizations, board members, and internal staff through video conference, telephone, correspondence, and email.
- Supports the work of all staff and volunteers in the production of attractive, professional quality publications with consumer friendly graphics and compelling narratives; statistically sound data and accurate statements.
- Develops Website, Social Media and Email Campaigns in collaboration with Executive Director and program staff/volunteers. Produces and schedules social media and blog posts, and supports dissemination of newsletter, and digital and print publications. Develops or edits multimedia resources.
- In collaboration with the Project manager, Executive Director, Board of Directors and volunteers, Coordinate, direct and oversee the development of projects including managing performance and providing resources and oversight in order to achieve outcomes and benefits related to organizational objectives. Examples of projects include online education courses and resources, professional development activities and events.
- Prepares, monitors and evaluates reports, statistics, budgets, operating policies, and prepare anecdotal and statistical evidence of mission project outcomes. Provides Executive Director/Board of Directors with research, status reports, updates and critical analysis and makes recommendations on planning, process, risk and management of project activity.
- Supports the preparation of presentations regarding organization objectives to internal and external stakeholders regarding plans, budgets, challenges, opportunities, status, objectives and accomplishments.
- Coordinates accommodation, transportation, catering, media and opening reception for events. In collaboration with event manager coordinate presenter and exhibitor arrangements.
- When onsite at events, manage registration desk, processing on-site registrations, handling lost registrations, and assisting event attendees. Acts as primary point of contact for all event attendees, presenters and exhibitors.
- Tracks and manages inventory of all event-related materials including workshop supplies, giveaways, ribbons, badge stock and holders, shipping supplies for onsite shipping, signage, and lanyards? place orders as necessary. Prepares conference supplies and materials for shipping; receive return shipments
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Any combination of education and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Qualifying experience may be obtained through volunteer or paid work. Preference in hiring and promotion is given to individuals who exceed minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the qualifying knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position would be:ew.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or verified 110 to 120 semester credits from an accredited college or university with major course work in nonprofit or public administration, international studies, communications, marketing, database management, community development, public relations, graphic design and publications or similarly related field.
- Two years of experience in association management system/CRM database management or administration.
- Two years progressively responsible experience in managing or supporting organizational administration, including appropriate procedures for handling sensitive financial and personal information, organizational file management and professional office procedures, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Two years experience drafting general office correspondence, meeting agendas, minutes and reports.
- One or more years experience facilitating and supporting the work of task oriented work teams, organizing, collaborating, problem solving, evaluating and resolving conflict.
- Two years experience with monitoring and tracking Key Performance Indicators of successful communication plans, public awareness, marketing or fundraising campaigns.
- One or more years experience reporting on or supporting reporting on program or organizational fiscal management, monitoring and evaluating outcome metrics and measures, and reporting outcomes, preferably within a nonprofit or government agency.
- One or more years experience managing leadership and work team schedules, resolving calendar conflicts and facilitating communications between or with organizational leadership and staff, and skillfully, diplomatically and efficiently handling inquiries of external partners, general public, media, vendors and related constituencies.
- One or more years experience in event planning and management.
- One or more years experience in graphic design and/or multimedia development.
- One or more years experience in digital content publication through websites, social media, and e-newsletters.
- Additionally Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bilingual, multi-lingual; Experience working internationally; Advanced degree; Experience with developing marketing and communication materials; Experience working in a nonprofit organization.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today via the CofC Alumni Career Center!
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Music Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Editorial Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Darkness to Light: Seeks Communications Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020