With Who: Sharp Think
Location: New York, NY
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: We are seeking a PR Assistant Account Executive to join our dynamic lifestyle team. Clients span verticals including health and wellness, food and beverage, technology, and more. High levels of creativity, initiative and a passion for media will help set our ideal candidate apart.
- Prioritize own work, meet deadlines, and actively communicate progress and deliverables.
- Perform ongoing client media monitoring and summary reports/emails.
- Create targeted media lists for broadcast, web, and print outlets as well as digital influencers.
- Write and edit media materials such as pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, and case studies.
- Responsible for daily account management activities, such as agendas, recaps, activity reports, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts.
- Assist in the research of new business opportunities, client work, etc.
- Demonstrate familiarity with category specific writers and media outlets.
- Support execution of account plans.
- Begin conducting media relations, working closely with account team to learn the craft of pitching to secure media coverage.
- Assist in coordination of social influencer programs – i.e. facilitating invoices, mailings, product requests, etc.
- Coordinate and support media mailings and sampling opportunities.
- Help team prepare for client meetings—i.e. set-up, scheduling, catering, etc.
- Manage daily intern responsibilities.
- Complete individual tasks with minimal supervision.
- Serve as an active member of the team and demonstrate team-player attitude.
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- This is an entry-level account position
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Familiar and/or have experience with PR databases/tools – i.e. Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Flexible, driven, creative and passionate about the communications industry
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Notes: Telecommuting is allowed.
Apply (or request more information): See the CofC Alumni Careers site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- BagValet: Seeks Digital Media Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- Heart of Hospice: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- New Directions Staffing: Seeking Part-Time Social Media Manager - April 9, 2021