Gotcha Bike Division Internship Program
The Gotcha Group is a Charleston based company that creates customized mobility and media programs, specifically designed to suit the transportation, sustainability, and marketing needs of our college, municipal, and advertising partners. Gotcha offers spring, summer and fall internship opportunities. Interns will have the opportunity to explore the unique aspects of a local bike share system, Holy Spokes, and all of Gotcha’s 30+ systems across the nation.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for bikes and a desire to learn about all facets of bike share. The selected candidate will be expected to assist with market research, customer service, social media, brochure & newsletter designs, and event tabling! The internship will also provide you knowledge and experience in office collaboration, marketing, logistics and outreach.
DESCRIPTION: The goal of the internship program is to provide a hands on experience in marketing and bike share logistics, thereby fostering the development of future professionals in the field. Interns will experience first-hand the fast-paced world of program development, promotion, and maintenance in the bike share market.
-attending exciting events and networking opportunities
-explain to customers how to utilize the bike share systems
-help with social media accounts
-run system statistics and learn back-end software
-assist in other projects requested by general manager
- Applicants must be a rising sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a degree in Business, Urban Studies, Sustainability Studies, Communications, Logistics, Hospitality, Event Management, Marketing & PR, or Graphic Design.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a strong desire and ability to work with others, and a willingness to learn.
- Must possess passion for bikes and small business.
- Be willing to work weekend events.
- Be capable of flexible task needs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Bike mechanical knowledge.
- Customer service/sales experience.
January – May May – September September – December
APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
Please send applications to the following by January 10th for January-May Internship:
Johnsie Wilkinson, Gotcha Bike Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan McNamara, Holy Spokes General Manager at email@example.com