With Who: Seattle Southside RTA
Location: SeaTac, WA
Type of Employment: Full-Time, Salaried
Salary Range: $65,000 – &75,000
Position Description: Act as the voice of the organization through media communications, advocacy messaging, and public relations efforts. This position oversees media relations and is responsible for creating and maximizing positive editorial coverage for the destination, partners, and the RTA. The position develops and promotes innovative online and print content. Responsible for management of social media programs, website content, database management, community outreach, blog content, and e-newsletter outreach.
- Media Relations: Generate editorial coverage and community awareness by cultivating relationships with local, regional, national, and international media (travel writers, niche writers, travel press, social media platforms). Develop and maintain media resources, materials, and programs. Develop and host editorial/pitch calendar, familiarization tours, press tours, and advocacy campaigns. Recommend additional opportunities for media development. Conduct publicity efforts for consumer campaigns and evaluate success to maximize opportunities. Provide fact-checking support to writers, journalists, tour operators as requested. Maintain press kits, media section on the website, contact database (CRM), and media lists, and research and respond to media inquiries as needed.
- Website and Marketing Content: Develop and manage content calendar with input from staff. Establish voice and ensure consistency in communications. Research, create and maintain fresh content on Seattle Southside RTA’s websites and microsites. Develop web content including new articles, videos, experiences, itineraries, etc. Write and edit website blogs and articles. Apply best practices in search engine optimization, content tagging and metadata strategies to enhance content relevance and search and social channel impact.
- Social Media: Manage social media contractor and monitor all accounts. Monitor and engage in conversations to promote events, promotions, cultural happenings, and travel to Seattle Southside. Work with contractor to ensure calendar is developed and followed, RTA voice is maintained, and content is available for all accounts. Report on social media performance and identify opportunities to improve the experience and increase engagement. Identify influencers to develop relationships and enhance engagement. Monitor emerging social media strategies and platforms.
- Communications: Research, draft, update and edit internal and external communications materials including copy for official publications, projects, e-newsletters, press releases, and effective advertising copy within deadlines. Develop and manage schedule for monthly e-newsletters (consumer and industry); manage mailing lists; work with partners to develop compelling content. Support stakeholder communication and advocacy campaigns. Strategize ways to build data base and increase engagement. Review and assess analytics.
- Supervise interns as available. Assign projects, provide guidance and support and review results. Offer feedback and mentorship to interns.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong media relations background, experience and orientation required.
- Fully versed in public relations, SEO best practices and analysis of web and social media channels. Deep knowledge of primary social platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.) including new and emerging technologies.
- Energetic self-starter with good interpersonal and collaborative teamwork skills. Positive attitude and is self- directed, able to see and understand the big picture while remaining focused on completion of day-to-day details.
- Proven experience with web analytics, Customer Relation Management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms.
- Compile and maintain complex records, prepare reports and other work products accurately.
- Analyze situations/priorities carefully and adopt appropriate and effective courses of action.
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofing skills.
Apply (or request more information): See the CofC Alumni Careers site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- BagValet: Seeks Digital Media Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- Heart of Hospice: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- New Directions Staffing: Seeking Part-Time Social Media Manager - April 9, 2021