With Who: Prime Logistics Inc
Location: North Charleston, SC; Hanahan, SC
Dates: Fall 2020
Hours: 18-32 hours a week
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.) The human resource intern is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing goals, objectives and systems.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Post new positions on websites and job boards
- Assist with screening resumes and applications
- Coordinate interviews
- Collect and update our database with new hire information (e.g. employment forms and contact information)
- Proofread HR documents
- Help prepare Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents
- Track progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects
- Assist in employee issues and management compliance
- Human Resources Management or Business major
- Some experience in an office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and resume databases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Develop experience working on a wide variety of HR projects
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative office environment
- Work side-by-side with a highly experienced HR manager and company owner
- Organize and attend company meetings and networking events
Note: This position will be 3-4 days per week, 6-8 hours per day initially. Job will end on December 24th.
Application Deadline: Applications close on October 1, 2020 at 4:30 PM.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today, or see more position information on the CofC Handshake Portal portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Central College: Seeks Content Specialist – Editorial - October 20, 2020
- 4 News Now: Seeks News Content Producer - October 20, 2020
- KXLY TV & Phase 3 Digital: Seeking Media Sales Account Executive - October 20, 2020