Location: Brooklyn, NY
Type of Employment: Full-time
Be an important part of Pratt Institute’s growing dynamic and collaborative communications and marketing division. Play an integral, supportive role on the team that is transforming how the Institute engages with our community and shares our story of excellence in creative education with the world.
Pratt Institute’s Communications and Marketing division seeks an Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the Vice President. This person is an integral member of the Communications and Marketing division and will provide full support to the Vice President for Communications and Marketing. The Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the Vice President reports directly to the vice president and supports his efforts to shape and lead a unified, collaborative communications staff in service to the Institute. The Office Manager/Executive Assistant will manage the vice president’s schedule, tasks and communications, as well as the day-to-day operations and finances of the office, including required forms, procedures and requests with HR, IT, Facilities Management and other administrative offices. This person will manage department financial records, and provide regular expense reports to the vice president and the four directors who manage sub accounts.
- be the first point of contact for the vice president, answering all phone calls and interacting with visitors
- schedule all business-related appointments, phone calls and meetings
- gather meeting materials and brief the vice president on meeting agendas
- schedule travel and arrival logistics with vice president, staff, and guests
- manage department financial records, and provide regular expense reports to the vice president and directors managing sub accounts
- manage and submit required HR and finance paperwork and requests on behalf of the department
- manage departmental purchasing, and operations shared with Institutional Advancement
- liaise with IT, HR, and Facilities Management for department needs
- review contracts and invoices on behalf of the vice president
- liaise between advisory committees, councils, and other staff
- coordinate and schedule department meetings, gatherings and hospitality
- perform other administrative tasks and research projects as needed
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to exercise tact, good judgment, and foresight. The candidate will have the ability to set a welcoming and collaborative tone with both internal and external colleagues, along with a flexible and adaptable nature.
- proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and Google’s G Suite
- strong attention to detail
- strong office management skills
- strong account and expense management skills
- excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
A completed application, cover letter, and resume, submitted through the Pratt Institute Interfolio website is required.
Please submit all application materials online via the “Apply Now” button to the right. Applications must be submitted through this online process to be considered by the search committee, and selected candidates will be contacted through this process. No phone calls, LinkedIn messages, emails, or drop-ins, please.
Candidates selected for the interview process will be asked to provide five references via our on-line reference tool system, at least two of which must be references who have been your direct supervisor.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today! Pratt Institute Job Application
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021