With Who: Peach Bowl, Inc.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Salary: $37,500 – $55,000 (depending on experience)
Position Description: The position will either be hired as a Manager or Coordinator, depending on experience. The position will be responsible for supporting a variety of digital/social and traditional marketing and branding initiatives on behalf of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Peach Bowl Challenge and The Dodd Trophy. Focus on digital content creation and management will emphasize working with our sales team to create and manage content that can be monetized through sponsor packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Social/Digital Media
- Oversee and ensure the success and growth of Peach Bowl, Inc. events (currently the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and Peach Bowl Challenge) and Dodd Trophy social media accounts across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Manage and create all bowl social media content, with a focus on creating content that is sellable in bowl sponsorship packages
- Work directly with VP of Sales and VP of Marketing to ideate, plan, execute and report on social campaigns designed to integrate sponsors with Bowl’s digital channels
- Develop social media and creative strategy for Bowl’s digital platforms, experience with livestreaming video a plus
- Track, report and provide analytical research and proof of performance reports for senior management
- Manage relationships with social media platform partners, stadium partners, and other creative staff
- Contact and integrate with partners’ social media teams on activations
- Recruit and manage a team of creative volunteers (design, video, community management) to create content for bowl’s major events
- Manage the bowl’s digital marketing intern, along with Marketing Staff
- Assist Marketing Manager with management and updates of all bowl related web properties
- Learn Sidearm, and develop skills for site content and mobile app updates
- Email Marketing and Enewsletter Development
- Create and manage ticketing emails and fan email communications for all major events
- Content creation, management and strategy
- HTML email development using third party software
- Design and Video
- Social media graphics creation
- Annual logo database management
- Video capture and editing
- The Dodd Trophy (Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award)
- Social Property Management
- Marketing department representative on Dodd Trophy team
- Travel as required for Dodd Coach of the Year trips
- Other project work as assigned by the CEO or COO
- **This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience in the field of marketing and social media.
- Experience with social media content management and strategy and working with a sales team to integrate social content.
- Experience in marketing within an event context.
- Proven self-motivated team player with a proven ability to meet and exceed aggressive individual and team goals.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain strong relationships with partners, corporate partners/sponsors and co-workers.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work remotely when required.
- Solutions oriented, problem solving mentality a must.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and strong desire to succeed.
- Willingness to work a demanding schedule as required.
- Required Qualifications: A candidate must possess ALL of the following qualifications to be considered for this position. The requirements/qualifications indicated below are essential to the performance of the job description.
- A candidate should have 2-5 years of marketing and social media experience in a sports or related organization, and have experience working with a sales organization to monetize social content. A candidate must be goal-driven, solutions-oriented, have strong time management skills, a willingness to work a non-traditional schedule on weekends and around holidays, and a willingness to learn, develop and possess a positive attitude.
- A candidate should have proven expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with corporate partners and co-workers. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills are required.
- A candidate should have the ability to learn, use and work with in-house computer programs and new computer programs as needed, including, without limitation, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. A candidate must also have the ability to understand and manage employees who use desktop publishing and graphic layout programs including Adobe Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications. A candidate must have experience working in Adobe Photoshop, and will be asked to provide samples and pass a skills assessment.
- Not required, but preferable is a working knowledge of basic video editing software.
Notes: Application Deadline is March 19, 2021
Apply (or request more information): See the CofC Alumni Careers site for more info. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three business references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter, resume and references should be sent as an attachment to an email, and should be formatted and presented as a representation of your attention to detail and pride in your work. Any materials that would support your candidacy are welcome; including examples of social media campaigns involved in, design portfolios, etc. Please provide a link to any materials that you feel support your candidacy.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- BagValet: Seeks Digital Media Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- Heart of Hospice: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- New Directions Staffing: Seeking Part-Time Social Media Manager - April 9, 2021