With Who: Palmetto GBA
Location: Columbia, SC
Dates: Summer 2020
Position Summary: This summer internship position is with Palmetto GBA in Columbia, SC. Applicants must be able to work the entire 13-week internship, beginning on May 11, 2020.
- 30% Completes tasks for maintaining information used in the department. Maintains documents, spreadsheets, databases or related items. Utilizes various systems and tools, performs research and assists with implementations as needed. Follows established procedures.
- 30% Participates in business unit/department training designed to help this position acquire applicable knowledge/skills in their area of study. Completes area tasks that are conducive to learning the departmental procedures and applying industry/field best practices. May communicate with other areas of the company. May create, present and/or report on area statistics and/or knowledge acquired.
- 30% Performs tasks that help in learning the business area and which provide an overall view of company operations. Assist other staff members with everyday tasks in order to gain an understanding of business operations and workflow.
- 10% Completes other assigned area related tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 12 semester hours earned in Technical Communication, Communication, English or a related field and must be currently enrolled in college and working towards obtaining a 4-year degree in Technical Communication, Communication, English or a related field.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Related work or internship experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Good planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to follow directions and ask questions to ensure a productive internship.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Wire framing tools.
- Computer Science or technical classes.
- Microsoft Office.
Application Deadline: Applications close on January 31st, 2020 at 11:55 pm
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! Application through CofC Handshake
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- 6AM City: Seeking Digital Media Interns (Fall 2020) - July 14, 2020
- 6AM City: Seeking Editor - July 14, 2020
- 6AM City: Seeking Performance Marketing Coordinator - July 14, 2020