With Who: NP Strategy
Location: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Description: In coordination with NP Strategy leadership, assist in the daily management of NPS clients, client work, and team members. Foster collaborative growth of clients and team members. The Manager must have a team-focused, “team-first” mindset and be willing to not only manage but also mentor and grow team members.
NP Strategy Mission, Vision, and Values:
- Mission: To help our clients connect with the right people, in the right way, in order to reach their goals.
- Vision: To be an essential team member to each of our clients.
- Teamwork – Service Over Self
- Integrity – Do The Right Thing
- Respect – Treat Everyone with Respect
- Enjoyment – Enjoy Our Work and Each Other
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Management:
- Serve as a project lead for current and incoming NP Strategy clients and ensure work is executed in a manner that delivers ROI.
- Work closely with NP Strategy client teams to assist in services to include strategic communications, media relations, social media engagement, stakeholder engagement, and message development, among others.
- Partner with other NP Strategy team members to serve other clients as needed.
- Meet annual billable and collections goals
- Be flexible and willing to work after hours if needed for a client or team project goal
- Team Management:
- Manage assigned team members and help grow their service skill set and leadership skills.
- Conduct at least monthly check-ins to review team member strengths and weaknesses.
- Notify NPS leadership of any team member requests or training needs.
- Business Development:
- Use personal contacts to develop opportunities to pitch new work for NP Strategy team members.
- Work community contacts to find ways to include NP Strategy in new opportunities with local businesses.
- Be an active and engaged community member.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, marketing, communications, English or similar field.
- At least 7 years of experience in related field.
- Strong understanding of marketing and communications industry and trends.
- Must demonstrate initiative, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments, and able to work well with clients, including attorneys and staff at Nexsen Pruet as well as fellow NP Strategy team members.
- Strong communication, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing and executing communication plans and campaigns
- Ability to evaluate opportunities for business development and determine ROI.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus.
- Willingness to work at Nexsen Pruet office locations.
- Willingness and ability to travel to serve clients and team members.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Apply (or request more information): For more information or to apply, please reach out to Lica Colwell at AColwell@nexsenpruet.com.