With Who: News 3 Now/WISCTV – Morgan Murphy Media
Location: Madison, WI
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: News 3 Now/WISC-TV/Channel3000.com, Southern Wisconsin’s leading station and digital source for news, is looking for a talented journalist who can convey weather information effectively. On the weekend, the right candidate will lead our weather coverage and deliver forecasts for television, digital and social audiences. During the week, this job will include fill-in weather forecasting and reporting on weather and science events and phenomenon. We place a priority on enterprise so knowing how to find and share stories of importance will be an asset. In all roles, creativity, flexibility, and an interest in digital and social media is a must.
Here are a few things you’d be signing up for:
- Prepare and deliver urgent, compelling weather forecasts driven by impact to the consumer that connect with viewers across all platforms.
- Aggressively handle severe weather coverage with a priority on clarity and urgency.
- Turning enterprise weather stories regularly, including developing ideas, shooting, writing and editing. Our ideal candidate will be both skilled at working with a photographer and as a MMJ depending on the assignment.
- Delivering engaging live reports, especially in breaking news and weather situations.
- Innovating and experimenting with the latest technology in digital. We’d love someone willing to share their ideas on how we can continue to be a leader in digital and social.
- Building sources within our community and showing you know how to listen to what our viewers are interested in.
Here are a few more job requirements:
- An open mind and a passion for great journalism
- Ability to swing tight deadlines
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- BA/BS in meteorology, journalism or related field
- Experience in both weather forecasting and news reporting is a plus
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the Morgan Murphy Media Careers site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Samford University: Seeks Director of Strategic Communications - November 20, 2020
- Greater Capital Area Assoc. of REALTORS: Seeking Communications Specialist - November 20, 2020
- Concord Academy: Seeking Director of Marketing and Communications - November 18, 2020