With Who: NBCUniversal
Location: NYC, New York
Dates: Spring 2020
Position Description: This is a paid internship. Internships may include (but are not limited to):
- Human Resources
- Music Services
- Syndication Sales
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Casting: Interns will contribute to daily Casting Office duties including speaking with agents on the phone, working with casting database, editing footage, and occasionally assisting in auditions. Interns must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and present a professional demeanor as the first point of contact for visitors to the department.
- Human Resources: Interns can expect to assist the NBC Entertainment HR team in different areas to better understand the HR Generalist function within the late night and daytime entertainment space. This may include supporting special project(s) focused on employee engagement, assisting with various pitch decks for HR programs and initiatives, maintaining HR Customer Service initiatives, and providing assistance with new hire onboarding.
- Music Services: Interns will support the department staff while learning about music clearances and services in network television. They will gain valuable training and a balanced experience by attending department staff meetings, updating music databases, creating and updating music tracking grids, researching music copyrights, searching for music cues for use in various productions, viewing programming for music information, creating & updating production music cue sheets, misc. music research, and other related projects as they arise.
- Photography: Interns will gain experience with photo editing, captioning, and sorting; assisting with pre-production on photo shoots as needed for various east-coast based NBC Entertainment properties; creating ID sheets; making car reservations; acting as a PA on photo shoots as needed.
- Publicity: Interns will support the publicity office by monitoring press clips, compiling clip reports and running errands. Interns will have the opportunities pending schedules to shadow publicists at events and/or on set. We need someone who is efficient yet effective, can think quickly on their feet and are willing to do any task, no matter how small.
- Syndication Sales: Interns’ daily responsibilities include: assisting with sales conference prep; updating deal files; processing deals; assisting the sales team with sales efforts; creating sales presentations; assisting with other branches of the department; helping with day to day office tasks; managing the team Dropbox. Interns will be working with many different people on a daily basis, being personable and professional is a must.
Application Deadline: Applications close on November 1st, 2019 at 12:00 am
Apply (or see more information): Or, submit your application via Handshake today! (If you don’t have a Handshake account, select to create an account on the internship preview webpage. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com)