Location: Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Full-Time, Salaried
Salary Range: UNIV-Band 5: $33,494.00 – $47,734.00 – $61,975.00 (min – mid – max)
Position Description: The Marketing & Student Recruitment Specialist implements strategies to recruit prospective students to support the MUSC College of Pharmacy strategic enrollment goals. The position is expected to meet annual application goals by developing key relationships with high schools, colleges, and community organizations; organizing recruitment events; making presentations to groups; and implementing a communications plan for following up with prospective students, parents, guidance counselors and faculty advisors. This position requires participation at evening and weekend off campus events and reports directly to the Admissions Manager.
- 15% – Under the direction of the Admissions Manager execute a strategic and operational plan for effective student recruitment to achieve the colleges overall enrollment goals. Attending and representing the college at targeted local, state and national meetings where recruitment opportunities exist (e.g., MUSC Nights, HOSA)
- 30% – Establish and maintain a network of relationships with prospective students, STEM faculty, advisors and administrators by conducting recruiting and outreach visits to high schools, technical schools and four-year colleges in South Carolina as well as targeted out-of-state schools (anticipate 50% travel). Coordinating and participating in virtual recruitment events (e.g., AACP virtual pharmacy fair, college-specific recruitment events), to include registering, coordinating individuals (faculty, staff and/or student ambassadors) to work events, and coordinating other event related details.
- 30% – Creates presentations and recruitment materials. Collaborates with the marketing and communications team to develop targeted recruitment communications to prospective students and other key stakeholders that are consistent with the college’s over-arching messaging and communications plan. This includes formulating website content and promotional campaigns, assisting in the execution of social media content and campaigns. Responsible for all aspects of the customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Oversees communication, implementation, and execution for all prospective students for the Early Assurance and PharmD programs through use of the customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Will manage CRM data of prospective students, execute targeted email campaigns, manage event registration and attendance, and use analytics to determine effectiveness of communication. Report data to assist with the development of key performance indicators (KPI).
- 10% – Coordinates College of Pharmacy programing for prospective students (e.g., PharmDmentals, PREP, PREP+, pre-pharmacy certificate program). Event specific duties include creating recruitment materials, recruiting students, planning programming, managing logistics and following up with attendees after the events.
- 15% – Improves diversity with targeted visits and relationship building with key under-represented minorities including high schools, technical schools and four-year colleges. Assists with developing and coordinating new pipeline programs and expanding participation in MUSC outreach programs (e.g., Discover MUSC, Ernest Just, Student Mentoring Minorities in Healthcare), AHEC programs (e.g., Summer Careers Academy, Health Careers Academy, and Bench to Bedside).
Minimum Experience & Training Requirements: A bachelor’s degree and one year relevant program experience.
Preferred Experience & Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred. Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software preferred.
- The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2021 at 11:55 PM EST
Apply (or request more information): See the MUSC Careers site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- The Ritter Group: Seeks Media and Marketing Interns (Spring 2021 – Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021
- AFL: Seeking Graphic Design Intern (Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021
- Strategic Marketing International: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021