New Co-Op opportunity: The MIL Corporation in Charleston is seeking a Technical Writer who majored in English or Communications. Additional information can be found below.
The MIL Corporation is seeking a Technical Writer to work with a Federal Government Client in Charleston, South Carolina. As a member of the Systems Development and Maintenance team, the successful candidate will assist in documenting technical manuals for use within the team and the organization.
- Research, write, update, and maintain detailed technical installation and user guides, work instructions, computer-based training lessons (CBTs), and other memoranda in support of the IT staff
- Assist with other projects on an as-needed basis.
- Track documentation change requests in a web-based tracking system
- Manage configurations of documentation in a digital storage system
- Contribute to overall project documentation in accordance with team and company processes
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in English, Communication, or a related field. Candidates who possess a degree other than those listed should have a minimum of one year experience developing technical documents
- Excellent working knowledge of English grammar and the written language
- Ability to translate technical information into plain language for audiences of all backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience developing technical guides for an IT audience
- Knowledge of Federal IT policies, practices, operations, and procedures
- Experience supporting Software Development Life Cycles
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Captivate, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Robohelp
BA/BS in English, Communication, or related field
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain a Secret clearance. Please note that the clearance process takes into account both criminal and financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.