Metanoia Community Development Corporation is a movement of people rooted in faith. We invest in neighborhood assets to build leaders, establish quality housing and generate economic development. We are pushing forward into new relationships with God and one another to create strong communities.
General competencies required:
- All staff shall be of good character, open to growth opportunities and capable of maintaining good physical and emotional condition.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft office, adobe suite products, web based tracking systems).
- Strong social media skills including proficiency on social media platforms, integrated approach to delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to keep organizational information and donor records confidential.
- Attention to detail and capability of managing multiple tasks with strong organizational skills.
- Photography, video, and/or graphic skills are preferred.
- Experience with website development, design, and maintenance an added benefit.
- A willingness to lead volunteers in project related to Metanoia’s mission (some of which will be physically demanding).
Educational qualifications required:
College degree required.
Duties of the Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator:
The Marketing and Volunteer Specialist can expect to gain experience in areas of marketing, development, and volunteer management. The Specialist will work with the Development and Marketing Director and the Director of Grants and Volunteer Engagement to facilitate the growth of Metanoia. Duties below are a sampling of responsibilities, but may grow or be amended according to the needs of the department and the gifts of the staff member hired.
- Coordinate the preparation of marketing materials to the Metanoia community, including e*News, social media outreach and more formal marketing materials, including cross-marketing efforts with stakeholders, other departments, and community partners.
- Assist in coordination efforts around Metanoia’s volunteers, including assisting on site with ‘done in a day’ projects and helping to administer Metanoia’s mentoring program.
- Assist with various office related tasks involved in Metanoia’s development efforts, including data entry,
research and other administrative tasks.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of special events (principally golf tournament and capital
Performance expectations of a staff member:
1. Be reliable in your attendance. Notify your supervisor in advance if you must be late or absent.
2. Attend periodic training and education events provided by Metanoia (includes the possibility of off site conferences)
3. Be polite, friendly and courteous to others. Respect the privacy of all staff and participants in Metanoia’s work.
4. Abide by and apply the policies of Metanoia at all times.
5. Keep personal office space clean and in good order.
Metanoia hires without regard to race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
Pay and Hours: $17 per hour/30 hours per week which can be arranged flexibly (between hours of 8am and 5pm) in consultation with supervisor.
Reports to: Metanoia Development and Marketing Director (primary).
Interested applicants should send the following to Tabatha Wilbert Metanoia at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 843-529- 3014 by February 6, 2018.
- A one page essay stating what gifts and capacities the candidate possesses that can contribute to the mission of Metanoia.
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018