With Who: Mercedes-Benz Vans
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Fall 2021
Position Description: The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
The communications intern will assist the communications specialist and plant management team with planning and preparing internal and external communication activities and plant-wide projects for Mercedes- Benz Vans, LLC in the Charleston area.
- Contributes to professional internal communication tools, such as videos and presentations to employees, internal letters, info boards, employee intranet sites and internal events (content writing and design development)
- Coordinates internal stakeholders and external resources to help produce professional publications for employees at Mercedes-Benz Vans, including verifying facts, clarifying information and gathering photos, videos and other content
- Supports planning and implementation of external communication activities including social media, news media announcements, sponsorships and donations events and marketing and advertising related to recruiting and employer branding
- Supports activities of Office of the CEO with projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or just graduated with an undergraduate degree less than a year ago
- Strong MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite skills, especially in graphic design and video editing
- At least 20 hours per week during the school semester – combination of in-person and virtual
- 40 hours per week during summer – combination of in-person and virtual
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Multimedia, Marketing or related field
- 1 year previous internship or volunteer/extracurricular experience related to this position
- Working knowledge of graphic design principles and programs and CMS interfaces for websites
- Fluent or practicing German speaker
Apply (or request more information): Check out the full posting on the Mercedes-Benz Vans Jobs site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021