Department: Alumni Relations
Position: Marketing & Communications Intern (academic credit only)
Supervisor: Katie Heath
Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications
Term of position: One semester or full year, 10-15 hours per week
Benefits: This internship will provide excellent preparation for entry level positions in any Marketing & Communications position. The intern will have the opportunity to have hands on experience with alumni marketing and communications include working on the alumni website, social media, data mining and targeted marketing as well as meet Alumni Association Board of Directors members.
Job tasks and responsibilities may include any and/or all of the following:
- Assisting the Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications as needed.
- Create innovative and engaging social media campaigns and posts for Facebook and twitter.
- Work with schools and departments to send emails, set up event registration pages and track the effectiveness of communications. (This may require work in InDesign or Photoshop)
- Support Alumni Relations staff in the planning and implementing of Alumni Association Board of Directors meetings (full board meetings, committee meetings, executive committee meetings).
- Assist with the Alumni Survey, sent every three years.
- Create and implement a “Dean’s Summit”.
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Publisher.
- Basic knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud NetCommunity, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Have an interest in learning about Marketing & Communications and working with a non-profit board.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, flexible and able to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to alumni information.
- Be dependable and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and climb two flights of stairs.
Application Process: All interested applicants should send a résumé with phone number and cover letter to Shanon Dooley, Alumni Relations Associate Director, Operations at email@example.com. The cover letter should include a paragraph detailing why you and the Alumni Relations Department would benefit from your internship. Please no phone calls.