Job Locations US-SC-North Charleston
Job ID 2018-1875
# of Openings: 1
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers’ industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we’re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
How you will impact Ingevity
As a Marketing Communications Intern during the Summer of 2018, your special projects and responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Leverage social media to engage with a community of followers through planning and executing social media marketing communications campaigns and strategies
- Brainstorm creative solutions aimed at engaging new followers
- Collaborate with internal departments on projects and assignments aimed at increasing organizational results
- Analyze marketing analytics and create reports
- Help to develop marketing communications and recruiting materials and communications aimed at enhancing and promoting Ingevity’s brand
- Become an active member of the Marketing Communications team by working collaboratively together to foster creativity, generate new ideas and develop innovative approaches to actively engage our organization.
What you need to succeed
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field with a GPA of 2.8+ required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented nature with the ability to manage multiple projects independently under deadlines
- Experience with and a strong understanding of social media marketing practices and strategies
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Availability to work 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday during normal business hours
Ingevity provides specialty chemicals and high-performance carbon materials and technologies that help customers solve complex problems. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, publication inks and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions. Through a team of experienced people, Ingevity develops, manufactures and brings to market products and processes that purify, protect and enhance the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Latest posts by Cierra Seid (see all)
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018