With Who: Holton-Arms School, Inc.
Location: Corte Madera, CA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: A leadership role as part of a vibrant, creative, passionate, and aspirational team of educators and directors; work on a waterfront, life-filled campus, all with a focus on supporting children, adolescents, and families in learning and flourishing. This position includes competitive compensation and benefits, generous vacation time for rejuvenation, and agency and autonomy in utilizing creativity and strategic thinking within a supportive and inspiring community culture.
A newly created position, the MMS Director of Communications & Marketing will be the nexus, innovator, and facilitator for all communications, marketing, and branding initiatives for our school. This position offers a creative and meaningful opportunity for a self-starter to play a vital role in the continued success of our school. The Director’s focus is to develop and execute internal and external communication campaigns that promote the benefits of our distinctive qualities and the outcomes of a Marin Montessori School education. Through strategic thinking and compelling story-telling skills—including visual, written, graphic, and digital mediums—the Director of Communications & Marketing will skillfully promote the MMS educational experience, which brings tremendous value to children, adolescents, their families, and the larger world.
- Develop and implement an internal communications plan and external marketing plan to most powerfully tell the MMS story
- Oversee website redesign and serve as primary content director
- Content creation: e.g., digital, print, social media, photo, and video
- Serve as the hub, editor, and distributor for all written communication from the school
- Crisis communication manager: Help to guide our crisis communication strategy and serve as an outward-facing expert for our community
- Constituent management: Help to define and manage communication standards and develop strong working relationships with faculty, administrators, and Parents’ Association volunteers
- Project management: Provide clear guidelines and leadership on various projects related to licensing, accreditation, the school calendar, and other tasks as assigned
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Attributes: The successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with excellent writing and editing skills. S/he/they will be technologically savvy, agile with website and digital communication tools, digital marketing strategies, and content creation (e.g., podcasts, videos, etc.), all in the service of sharing, educating and promoting the Marin Montessori education and the experience of children and adolescents.
Other necessary attributes include the following:
- A learner: willing to gain knowledge and skills as needed in order to develop the most robust, effective communication strategy
- Self-starter: Ability to work independently and carve out a new position in our organization
- Internal locus of control: An optimistic, growth-mindset attitude, with the maturity to take personal responsibility for his/her/their happiness and create change (internal and external) when needed
- Flexibility and warmth, along with a high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
- A collaborative work style while maintaining an identity of his/her/their own
- Ability to think innovatively, strategically, and analytically while serving as thought partners to the Head of School, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Director of Finance and Operations, Director of Admissions, and Program Directors
- Rock-solid integrity and a finely tuned moral compass
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: the ability to listen well, understand, support, and connect with students, parents, employees, and trustees
- Management skills that empower and promote others while ensuring a high degree of accountability and a positive working environment
- Enthusiasm for MMS’s professional expectations: direct and kind communication, appreciation, accountability, and assumption of good intentions
- Must pass the LiveScan fingerprint testing through the Department of Justice
- Must have a clean and valid California Driver License
- Must have a minimum of 3 years direct experience, 10 years preferred
Salary: This is an exempt, full-time administrative position. The salary and benefits package is very competitive, matching or exceeding Bay Area independent school norms.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Her Campus Media: Seeking Writers - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Marketing and Student Recruitment Specialist - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Global Health Communications Program Coordinator - January 15, 2021