With Who: Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Location: Kiawah Island, SC
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $12 per hour
Position Summary: As a Guest Service Agent (GSA) you are responsible for meeting and greeting guests checking in and out of the resort. The position requires STRONG customer service and problem solving skills. GSA’s should have a sense of urgency and friendly disposition. You must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time and have proficient computer skills.
Currently looking for Winter, Spring, and Summer interns. The time frames listed below are flexible based on school/class needs:
- Winter = January – March
- Spring = March – May
- Summer = May – August
The following are skills necessary to work as a Guest Service Associate:
- Ability to Work productively with minimal supervision, appropriately, employing initiative.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and utilize time efficiently.
- Ability to focus and conscientiously follow through on details.
- Ability to actively listen and appropriately respond to guests inquires and complaints, always remaining composed and courteous.
- Ability to grasp and productively employ familiarity with KIGR features and information.
- Ability to insightfully utilize knowledge of Charleston and surrounding areas.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in circumstances of change, making quick and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to communicate professionally and formally but with genuine empathy and sincere Southern grace.
- Ability to execute job responsibilities cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously, maintaining control and organization.
During your internship you will be trained in many areas including but not limited to the following:
- Effective Listening
- Professional Non-verbal Communication
- Initiatory Integrity
- Sincere Appreciation
- Attitudinal Commitment
- Telephone Etiquette
- Managing Challenging Guests
- Guest Discretion and Security
- Guest Problem Resolution
- Communicate proactively and appropriately with other resort and hotel departments regarding guest’s needs.
- Create front desk reports effectively utilizing information and complete checklist tasks and paperwork.
- Promptly and appropriately greet resort guests and visitors.
- Accurately check guests into and out of the resort in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of KIGR accommodations, services, facilities, including personnel, facilities and hours of operation.
- Maintain discretion and security for the resort and guests, demonstration proper execution of the following:
- Preparation and distribution of room keys o Maintenance and reconciliation of cash drawers
- Establishment of credit o Exchange of tender o Execution of cash drops
- Control of guests identity, location and room number
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of resort amenities, nearby places of interest and necessity, and Charleston businesses, attractions, and activities.
- Energetically assist guests in resolving accommodation complaints and reservation/package concerns as well as in planning and booking activities.
- Appropriately answer and accurately respond to or route telephone calls;
- Comprehensively, in accordance with established standards and guidelines, book and accurately change or cancel reservations.
- Proficiently operate all Front Office equipment, including administrative machines, telecommunication systems, and software programs.
- Maintain awareness of groups, including reservation details and scheduled activities;
- Respond to security and emergency situations in accordance with established KIGR guidelines.
- Comply with procedures and requirements established in the Front Office Manual.
Apply (or request more information): Check out this posting on the CofC Handshake Portal!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Her Campus Media: Seeking Writers - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Marketing and Student Recruitment Specialist - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Global Health Communications Program Coordinator - January 15, 2021