Kurt Cavanaugh, Executive Director
Charleston Moves advocates and provides leadership to transform Charleston into a bike and
Safe. Connected. Livable.
Communications & Grant Writing Intern (part time, unpaid)
Charleston Moves is a small nonprofit organization with one full-time employee and a volunteer
Board of Directors. Interns are integral part of everything we do. Interns work directly with the
Executive Director to build capacity for Charleston Moves. Along with technical and creative
writing skills, interns develop leadership skills by taking responsibility for projects and reporting
project updates to the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
• Research and develop database and calendar for available/applicable grants and
Corporate Giving Programs
• Develop system for tracking grantor requirements and application deadlines
• Draft full grant proposals for submission
• Write a compelling Case for Giving
• Provide fundraising committee monthly reports and attend committee meetings as
• Current full-time student
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter and ability to work independently. Motivated, curious, reliable and flexible
• Available approximately 8 hours per week, or 120 total hours in a semester
• Passion for urbanism and commitment to helping transform Charleston into a bike and
• Send statement of interest (no more than one page) and resume (as one PDF file) to
email@example.com with ‘Grants Intern’ in the subject line.