R4D is seeking a creative, extremely organized and enthusiastic Human Resource and Recruitment Intern for the summer and fall of 2019. Reporting to the Sr. Human Resource Generalist, the intern will work directly with R4D’s growing HR team on a variety of on-going and new projects related to HR compliance, recruitment and retention, social media sourcing, new employee onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, employee performance management program and more.
Compensation and Timeframe:
This is a paid full-time internship for the Summer of 2019 term with flexible hours during the school Fall 2019 term.
The HR internship will be for a period of up to six (6) months and will be based in Washington, DC.
The internship is designed to be both educational and practical and provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience related to HR and recruiting functions within a young, vibrant and rapidly growing international non-profit organization. In this position, the HR intern will have the opportunity to enhance and further develop their skills and understanding of HR and its interactions with domestic and international employees, programs and other support services departments in order to foster a positive and successful work environment.
Responsibilities will encompass a wide range and variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
Support the HR Team with:
- Help create and maintain personnel files.
- Assist in researching, drafting and editing new policies, processes and/or initiatives
- Research federal and local legislative changes to labor laws.
- Assist with the HR projects and programs
- Work with HR to update bi-weekly “Inside R4D” communication with HR updates, new employees, announcements etc.
Support the recruitment team with:
- Post jobs
- Review and edit Job Descriptions (JD); Advertise jobs
- Join in-take meetings; sit in on initial phone screen interviews; schedule logistics for shortlisted candidates.
- Screen applicant resumes and collaborate with recruiters
- Source candidates via social media (i.e. Devex, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.)
- Identify new sites and sources for diversity recruiting
- Update candidate trackers and help grow/diversify candidate talent pool
- Work with the Communications Team to put together relevant/updated material for career fairs
- Research HR, recruitment and talent management topics as needed
- Assist with HR and recruitment related training programs for staff
- Assist with new employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Process invoices
- Collect feedback from new hires on Candidate Experience
- Track and register for upcoming career fairs
- Schedule events, meetings, trainings and compile relevant materials
- Support the management of the HR and Recruitment workspace on Intranet
- Support growth of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives at R4D
- Provide ad-hoc administrative and project support to HR team members
- Organized, conscientious, customer service and detail oriented
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential information
- Able to work independently and seek guidance as needed
- Tech savvy and skilled in the visual display of data
- Creative and a resourceful problem-solver.
- One (1) year experience in an office environment preferred
This internship is posted on CofC’s Handshake platform. Visit this site to learn about how you can apply for this internship: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2728843/share_preview