Heritage Foundation: Young Leaders Internship Program (Summer 2021)

With Who:  Heritage Foundation

Location:  Washington, D.C.

Dates:  Summer 2021

Compensation:  $7.75 per hour

Position Summary:  (This is a paid internship.) Join college students from around the country as part of Washington, D.C.’s premier internship program. The Heritage Foundation Internship Program attracts young conservative leaders of the highest caliber to be a part of the day-to-day work at Heritage in a variety of departments from research and communications to building operations and government relations. Please visit the Young Leaders Program page to learn more about the program and to apply for the upcoming summer internship class: https://www.heritage.org/young-leaders-program.

You can view a list of all 60+ department and intern roles here: https://www.heritage.org/young-leaders-program/departments-and-intern-roles.

Our internship program has a strong alumni network of over 5,000. We are a 12-15 week program in which you spend about 60% of your time directly with your department either reading, writing, editing, researching, etc. and the other 40% of your time in programming, including
  • Weekly First Principles Series, where you learn the foundations of American thought and read political philosophy; foundations of the country, like a college course – western civilization, how we got to our democracy, etc.
  • Weekly policy briefings, where you hear from scholars across the Heritage building about the most pressing policy issues and their solutions; foreign, domestic, economic, etc.
  • Skill development briefings; Practical skills workshops like leadership development; public speaking, resumes, etc. – hard and soft skills
  • Off-site field trips to the Capitol, Mount Vernon, Supreme Court, and White House

You are also paired 1-1 with a mentor at Heritage and attend women’s and men’s mentorship lunches on launching your career, managing conflicts in the workplace, and balancing work and life.

This is a paid internship, which is either full or part time. Heritage also partners with Intern Housing LLC, which offers housing next door to Heritage at very competitive rates: https://www.internhousingllc.com/.

Application Deadline: Applications close on January 20, 2021 at 11:55 PM.

Apply (or request more information):  Check out this posting on the CofC Handshake Portal!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *