With Who: Greystar
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: 10-12 hours per week
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.) The Communications team at Greystar is a fast-paced and energetic group focused on strengthening the Greystar brand and supporting various business groups within the organization. We drive communication and marketing efforts at the enterprise level across Greystar internal and external platforms.
We’re looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Graphic Design Intern to support our team. Our ideal candidate comes with some previous design experience and video editing skills. The Intern will be interested in learning general communications strategy and internal facing communications.
The Intern will be expected to work 10-12 hours/week at our Global Headquarters, 465 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC. Our state-of-the-art office space includes a variety of coffee and water options, a gym, garage parking, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing materials for external and internal communications materials, including presentations, email, infographics, social media graphics, brand ads, virtual events, and more.
- Support business groups across the organization to make sure their materials are up to date and in the current company templates.
- Identify opportunities to bring creativity and innovation to existing design practices and materials.
- Ensure that all collateral present the Greystar brand consistently and follow corporate brand guidelines.
- Assist the Communications team on additional day-to-day tasks as needed.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign) and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with video editing.
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals.
- Candidates must provide compelling portfolio of graphic design work samples.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Ability to communicate well with others and maintain a professional demeanor.
Apply (or request more information): For more on this posting, or to apply, please visit the Greystar Jobs portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021