With Who: General Motors
Location: Spring Hill, TN or Detroit, MI (position available at both locations)
Type of Employment: Full-Time
- Develop plant communications strategy that focuses on the three core elements of plant communications: employee engagement, reputation and business acumen
- Manage plant Facebook page and other aspects of internal communications
- Identify and manage plant scheduling changes through partnership with plant leaders, corporate MFG/Labor team
- Engage employees through multiple mechanisms including face-to-face meetings, newsletters, broadcasts, etc.
- Coach plant leadership during crisis situations, including taking the lead on managing the communication strategy during the crisis
- Tailor corporate messages / announcements for plant employees and the community.
- Manage media relations and proactively place manufacturing stories in local media outlets
- Help educate employees about GM vehicles, so they can be strong product ambassadors
- Community/government relations – Support plant leaders/public policy in building relationships with community leaders and government officials. Maintain list of key contacts and support corporate grass roots initiatives.
- Charitable giving – Provide strategic guidance on giving and promote activities to internal and external audiences
- Support/contribute to planning & storytelling for product reveal, launch & lifecycle – Lead selected programs and initiatives
- Responsible for presentations, research, key message maintenance
- Maintain calendar and weekly activities updates
- BA in Communications or related field (Journalist, Marketing) and 7 to 10 years of professional experience
- Experience in developing communications plans that drive business results in a corporate environment
- Skilled in media / public relations with experience as a company spokesperson
- Experience in crisis communications
- Internal communications and employee engagement experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to counsel and interact comfortably with senior leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed or ability to work with minimal supervision, flexible and adaptable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and technical automotive knowledge helpful
- Experience in manufacturing and labor communications – a plus
Apply (or request more information): See the job posting, or request more information, on the GM Careers site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Camp Happy Days: Seeking Remote Marketing and Events Intern (Spring 2021) - December 4, 2020
- CofC Libraries: Seeks Marketing & Outreach Student Assistant - December 4, 2020
- Amazon: Seeking News Monitoring Coordinator - December 3, 2020